Need to get your point across quickly, expand your influence, persuade others to change their mind or behavior? This program will provide counter-intuitive principles for moving people to action. From business and family life illustrations, you’ll identify reasons communicators fail to connect and learn practical ways to build solid relationships to get things done!
This interactive program shows you how to analyze your own communication snafus and provides persuasive techniques and new habits for future success. Specifically, you’ll learn how to shape critical conversations, give clear feedback, deliver bad news with sensitivity, and structure presentations and emails to accomplish your specific communication goal. As a result, you’ll be able to persuade others to accept change, put aside a bad habit, improve performance, increase productivity, buy your product, or give you the promotion or job.
As a result, participants and the organization will avoid the common communication conundrums that lead to lost productivity, low morale, and lagging profits.
Dianna Booher, MA, CSP, CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame
As a prolific author of 47 books, published in 60 foreign-language editions, Dianna Booher helps organizations communicate clearly and works with individuals to expand their influence by a stronger executive presence. Her latest books include Communicate Like a Leader: Connecting Strategically to Coach, Inspire, and Get Things Done (Berrett-Koehler); What MORE Can I Say? Why Communication Fails and What to Do About It (Penguin Random House/Prentice Hall), Creating Personal Presence: Look, Talk, Think, and Act Like a Leader (Berrett-Koehler), Speak With Confidence (McGraw-Hill), and Communicate With Confidence (McGraw-Hill).
Several books have been major book club selections. Among her writing awards and recognition:
- Richtopia’s “Top 200 Most Influential Authors in the World” (2017, 2018)
- Axiom Awards Silver Medalist (2018)
- Executive Soundview Summaries: Best 25 Business Books of the Decade
- Newbridge Executive Book Club—main selection
- Business Week Book Club
- Book-of- the-Month Club
- Money Book Club
- Macmillan Executive Book Club
- Fortune Book Club Selection
- Writer’s Digest Book Club
- A Cindy Award in the New York Film Festival—Corporate Training Division
- American Library Association: Best Young Adult Nonfiction of the Year
- Global Gurus Top 30 Communicators (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Recognized Communication and Productivity Expert
National media such as Good Morning America, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Investor’s Business Daily, Forbes.com, FOX, CNN, CNBC, NPR, Dr. Laura Radio Show, The New York Times, Washington Post, New York Newsday, Bloomberg, Boardroom Reports, Industry Week, Success, and Entrepreneur have interviewed or featured Dianna’s work for critical opinions on workplace communication issues.
Dynamic Keynoter—Recognition and Awards
Dianna Booher has been pleased to speak at venues all around the world, including numerous international conferences in the United States, South America, Europe, and Asia. Consequently, she has received the highest awards in the professional speaking industry, including the following honors:
- CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame® (induction by National Speakers Association)
- Top 200 Most Influential Authors in the World (#54 on the Richtopia List, 2017)
- Top 100 Thought Leaders in America (Leadership Excellence magazine)
- Top 100 Minds in Personal Development (Leadership Excellence magazine)
- 21 Top Speakers for the 21st Century (list by Successful Meetings magazine)
- Global Gurus Top 30 Communicators (multi-year lists)
- Top Leadership 500 (by Leadership Excellence magazine)
CEO and Founder
Dianna Booher is founder and CEO of Booher Research Institute and founder of Booher Consultants, a communications training and consulting firm (now part of Communispond). Clients include IBM, Lockheed Martin, PepsiCo, Frito Lay, ConocoPhillips, BP, Chevron, Raytheon, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, DFW Airport, among others.